Re: fonts in the Gimp

On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 10:27:21AM -0400, Kevin Coyner wrote:

> I'm using the Gimp 1.2.3.

Im using Gimp 1.2.3 for lots of my work too, but the older gimp uses
X-Fonts. That means, that your X should know these installed fonts (eg.
try xfontsel). For X you have 2 solutions:

    1. Load the "freetype" extension in XFree86Config and add the path
    to your fonts

    2. setup a x truetype font server, which serves all the truetype
    fonts. I used this solution, because some true types wouldn't used
    through the freetype extension of the X server.

I never used fontconfig - sorry for that, but these two solutions worked
for me. Alternativly - you should try out the unstable gimp. Okey.. its
    _unstable_, but have a neat font feature.

Greetings,

Roman
--
www: http://www.romanofski.de