Re: An unsubscription FAQ / Rand / informational post

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 02:52:57AM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> on Mon, May 26, 2003 at 08:56:40PM +0100, Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org) wrote:
> > On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 08:38:48PM +0100, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> > > As for HellSurfer, I've forwarded the issue to debian-leader, and it
> > > appears there are *no* subscribers from his email domain, which may
> > > indicate the source of the problem.
> >
> > He was subscribed as of a day or two ago. He has since been
> > unsubscribed. You're debugging after the fix here. :-)
>
> Fair enough.  I'm only working with half a clue here, as usual ;-)
>
> OTOH, he's apparently claiming to still be receiving list mail.

Different list. I tried sending a helpful unsubscribe mail to
debian-boot-request on his behalf, but it didn't work (said he wasn't
subscribed); I'll ask a listmaster if I remember.

> > >   - If you're still receiving list mail, escalate with a mail to
> > >     leader@debian.org.  This will reach the current Debian Leader.
> >
> > Has Martin agreed that this is a sensible thing to do? Not to
> > second-guess him, but I'm not sure I'd recommend bouncing every little
> > complaint up to the DPL as a good approach ... I suppose it works but
> > it's a bit nuclear.
>
> Well, *I've* had trouble reaching listmaster myself on occasion.  I
> realize that armtwisting in a volunteer organization is difficult, but
> at the very least we can make sure that the leadership is aware that
> there is a problem, and apply pressure, coercion, or replacement, to the
> listmaster role.

That's true. listmaster has got some more manpower recently, which may
help.

Cheers,