Re: gzipped files in mozilla

Georg Nikodym wrote:
Back in the day, browsers like mosaic would automatically unzip gzipped.
 Understanding that this was sometimes a hassle, I gather that this
"feature" has been disabled in modern browsers.  So my question is:

Pointing galeon (latest unstable) at file:///usr/share/doc how does one
browse the plethora of .gz text files without resorting to some other
viewer like zless?

Thx,
-g

This is overkill, but who cares... I have dhelp and apache installed so I can go to http://localhost/doc to browse the same directory[among other things] and since apache serves up sane mime-types for all the files I can view the .gz text files just fine in mozilla.