Re: monitoring Raid on Debian

Ross Tsolakidis said:

> Is there a common app people use ?
> Something that can email you if there is a problem with the raid ?

this is raid-card specific, depends on what card your using. 3Ware
raid cards have a program that can monitor their raid arrays. I'm
not aware off hand of any other raid vendor that has such software.
there is mdadm for monitoring software raid arrays. But the thing
with hardware raid, is the OS is not aware there is a raid array
so you need something that can talk to the driver directly. Or
maybe the driver puts something in /proc which can be parsed by
a script to generate alerts.

> =============================This email is from PowerServe Australia Pty
> Limited (A.C.N. 102 661 441) The information contained in this email
> (including any attached files) may be privileged and confidential

and get rid of the disclaimer or use another email account it just
wastes everyone's bandwidth and disk space.

nate
(insert 500 line disclaimer here)