Re: clearing search buffer in vim

On Sun, May 25, 2003 at 11:22:13AM -0400, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
> right ... this is one of those things i've never gotten working.
> whenever i do a :h anything in vim, i get an
>
>   Sorry, help file "/etc/vim/vim57/doc/help.txt" not found
>
> error.  reinstalling vim does nothing.  /etc/vim/vim57 does not exist.
> how can i redirect vim to telling me where the help files are?

OK, that's really weird! Just yesterday for the first time in my life, I
got that error myself. It was *transient* though, and in another
terminal session today, I can use :help just fine, as usual!

This must be a mild Debian Vim package bug, I think. If I get that error
again I will try to do on-the-spot forensics and see if I can determine
what's causing that. We have to get your :help working, Nori!  ;-)

I'll email you if I come up with something helpful.

   Soren A.

--
See my OpenPGP key at https://savannah.gnu.org/people/viewgpg.php?user_id=6050
GnuPG public key fingerprint  | "Only when efforts to reform society have as