Re: gcc 3.2 and gcc 2.95

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 12:01:21AM +0200, Fluberman wrote:
> > Quoting Fluberman <fluberman72@wanadoo.nl>:
> > > I want to develop a code using some numerical routines provided by other
> > > guys. The problem is when I tried to compile the code, those routines
> > > required gcc-2.95, while in my Debian I have gcc-3.2. It seems that the
> > > backward compatibility (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a novice in this
> > > area) does not work.

C code compiled with one version should work fine with code built with
another.  C++ (and maybe others...) are a different story.  If it
doesn't work for C code, though, file a bug.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?