Re: usbmouse

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 11:20:33AM +0100, Rodrigo Agerri wrote:
> That remarkable Thu, May 15, 2003 at 10:35, Philippe Dhont   (Sea-ro) wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Still problems with my usbmouse ! Can't get it working under KDE
> > This is the situation:
> > - dell portable
> > - kernel 2.4.20
> > - changed kernel (HID support, mouse support, uhci support)
>
> Hi,
>
> this works for my logitech usb optical mouse, with kernel 2.4.18.
>
> >From Osamu Aoki's Debian Reference (http://www.debian.org/doc), chapter 3.3:
>
>  Make sure you have:
>         * "Input Core Support" and "Input Core Support/Mouse Support"
>           enabled in the kernel or as modules.
>         * "Support for USB", "Preliminary USB device filesystem", "UHCI or
>           OHCI", and "USB HID Support" enabled in the kernel or as modules.
>
> 	  For typical scroll _USB_ mice, configuration combinations should be:
>
>           | /etc/X11/X86Config-4
>           =========================+======================================
>           | Section "InputDevice"
>           |  Identifier "Generic Mouse"
>           |  Driver     "mouse"
>           |  Option     "SendCoreEvents" "true"
>           |  Option     "Device"   "/dev/input/mice"
>           |  Option     "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
>           |  Option     "Buttons" "5"
>           |  Option  "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
>           | EndSection

Try just getting a 'proper' Debian kernel (ie
kernel-image-<version>-<arch>) and 'hotplug' and see if it works.  If it
does, then just note down which modules it uses and include them.
Perhaps you need a different USB host controller driver, like uhci or
so?

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?