Re: ipv6 and the Freenet6 package failing to bring up sit1

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 08:26:46AM +0530, Raghavendra Bhat wrote:
> List
>
> I have compiled  IPv6 into the kernel (2.4.x) and  have got an account
> with the  FreeNet6 folks.  I  have installed the freenet6  package and
> edited  the tspc.conf  file  inside /etc/freenet6.   My  IPv4 to  IPv6
> tunnel does  not start  automatically while booting  up, I have  to do
> `/etc/init.d/freenet6  start' always  after bootstrapping  to  get the
> sit1 interface up.
>
> Where is  it that  I am  going wrong in  getting the  freenet6 service
> started up automatically while powering  up the machine and failing to
> bring  the sit1  interface  up ?   Links  and pointers  would be  most
> helpful.

From a quick look on my gateway, the freenet6 package does *not* install
links into the /etc/rc?.d/ directories; you can add your own, using
update-rc.d.  Just make sure you start it after you bring networking up
:)

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?