ipv6 and the Freenet6 package failing to bring up sit1

List

I have compiled  IPv6 into the kernel (2.4.x) and  have got an account
with the  FreeNet6 folks.  I  have installed the freenet6  package and
edited  the tspc.conf  file  inside /etc/freenet6.   My  IPv4 to  IPv6
tunnel does  not start  automatically while booting  up, I have  to do
`/etc/init.d/freenet6  start' always  after bootstrapping  to  get the
sit1 interface up.

Where is  it that  I am  going wrong in  getting the  freenet6 service
started up automatically while powering  up the machine and failing to
bring  the sit1  interface  up ?   Links  and pointers  would be  most
helpful.

TIA.
--
ragOO, VU2RGU   ::   Visit us at http://symonds.net/~fsug-kochi/
       Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE   Amateur GNU   Radio