Re: LPRng Support

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 07:06:50PM +0900, Nick Hastings wrote:
> Hi,
>
> * Sharninder Singh-662 <Sharninder.Singh-662@ushacomm.co.in> [030519 18:52]:
> > I know that LPRng is available under woody as the apt-cache command showed.
> > what i wanted to know was, is it the default spooler system or not. I have
> > never setup a printer under debian before. that's why i asked.
> > Thanks for help though.
>
> Sorry, I don't know what the "default" is. However I think it doesn't
> really matter. The main thing is that it is packaged.

There isn't one.  If you don't ask for a print spooler, Debian doesn't
install one.  Leaving aside tasksel, anyway.  If you install it, and
read the documentation, it will work.  That said, I've always found cups
faaar easier to setup.  Just install cupsys, cupsys-bsd and
cupsys-client (and foomatic-db and cupsomatic-ppd if you have an inkjet)
and then hit http://localhost:631/.  Even I can do it :)

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org>  |   mlspam@ertius.org   |   http://www.ertius.org/
GPG keys: 1024D/1E73B7CD, 4096R/3ABDE5EC     |      Do I look like I want a CC?