HDD quality [WAS: RE: Where to buy a PC without Windows? (UK)]

 --- Michael Kahle <michael.kahle@scc-wi.com> escribió: > >[...]

> For instance I just put together a machine with an Antec case, LiteOn CDRW,
> Floppy, Maxtor 7200rpm 40GB, Maxtor 7200rpm 120GB, 512 Mushkin Memory, MSI
> MB w/ Nforce Chipset, Athlon XP 2600.  Total price: $689  Not a bad price,
> great machine, and not lining MS's pockets.  The thing I like best about
> home made machines is you can get exactly the parts you want and not have to
> worry about getting some cheapo Hard Drive that is thrown into the machine
> by the company putting it together.

Just out of curiousity.  Is it worth it to get a SCSI hard drive now?  I mean,
is there enough selection of drives and mobos with onboard SCSI to make them
available at a good enough price? (I ask because I am looking into buidling a
new machine in the near future).

-Roberto Sanchez

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es