Re: Making Free Software Collection CD

 --- Brian <debian@rurnt.com> escribió: > The address you (and some others) are
looking for is:

> http://www.theopencd.org
>
> (You gotta include 'the' at the beginning.)
>
> But as was already suggested, check out GNUWin's list of programs too:
>
> http://gnuwin.epfl.ch/apps/en/index.html
>
> Also, why not just give them Disc 1 of Debian 3.0r1 too? That's
> sufficient for a basic system that'll boot into Gnome/KDE and can
> configure their net connection. From there they are set. You should tell
> them to read the installation directions, especially the bit about
> partitioning, but otherwise, the installer has gotten quite friendly.

Most of these people would not understand any of that.  I need to start them
off slow or I will lose them.  If I tell them "pop in this CD and install a
new OS," 95% of them will toss it on the way out of class and other 5% when
they get home.  OTOH, if I tell them, "pop in this CD and isntall a free
office program that that has [enumerate various features] better than MS
Office," many of them may just go and give it a try.  Same thing for other
programs.

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es