Re: Making Free Software Collection CD

Hi Roberto,
I have been in a local internet cafe where there are macs,unix and win
side by side. All that is required is to tell them which icon is for the
browser and which one is for word processing. You said 'a new OS' but
with a GUI on top, no one is looking at the OS right-out-of-the-box. No
one is naturally looking for the 'dos prompt' or terminal. Konquror is a
fine file viewer. If you pop knoppix on a lan enabled PC, 90% of the
time, its just click-n-go. No 're-education'. I dont know if you think
all windows users are not up to the challange of 'a free os' but if they
can learn to live with a BSOD os, linux should seem like a walk in the
park. After they see that its 'similar' you can show them 'the man
behind the curtain' (a picture of richard stallman). Wait on second
thought, maybe just the cute penguins!!
=K

--
Kevin Mark <kmark@pipeline.com>