Re: Can I change the penguine image on boot time?

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 20:47, Miranda, Joel Louie M wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On every boot of my Debian Linux I have this pengiun image on my screen.
> I've asked on irc if I can remove it, but no-one answered me promptly. I
> hope someone here know how to disable it, or maybe changed the image.
>
> Linux 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i686 unknown
>
> Default, kernel. :)
>

> Thanks,
> Louie

Sounds like you might like kernel-patch-debianlogo should you choose to
build your own kernel. As to getting rid of it from an already built
kernel, I'm not aware of an option other than getting rid of framebuffer
altogether, unless you know how to edit the code that puts it up there
(include/linux/linux_logo.h is where the logo is defined, and it appears
to be used in drivers/video/fbcon.c and drivers/video/hgafb.c)
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org