Re: problem with AOL addresses

On 03-05-22 10:58 -0500, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
> or
>   3. you have a dynamic IP address (most dynamic IP, but probably not
> all, yet).  My domain (austinblues.dyndns.org) has an MX record and
> aol.com still rejects mail from it.

Yes, same situation here.

> You only have to do this for the destination domains that reject
> dynamic IP address, not all.  I currently have a half dozen domains in
> my list.

I've only come across two so far: aol & netscape. Allan gave a postfix
example, here's an exim example, put it *first* in the ROUTERS section

# this router should catch aol.com mail and send it through roadrunner
smarthost:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp
  domains = aol.com:netscape.net
  route_list = * smtp-server.nyc.rr.com byname

add domains as needed & of course change the route_list to your own
isp's smtp server

there was a thread mid-april called "MTA: usage of smart host" in which
Karsten Self links to a slashdot article on the subject

I posted a variation of the above example, but it only accounted for
aol, not multiple domains

HTH,
Kenneth