Re: Hurd [was:M$ licenses Unix]

On Thu, 2003-05-22 at 00:21, Barry deFreese wrote:
> Mark L. Kahnt wrote:
>
> >Xsnip>
> >
> >(and I follow the debian-hurd list - it seemed to come to life only
> >when Barry deFreese started trying to get involved,)
> >
> Wow, at least someone is noticing my posts, thanks Mark!! ;-)
>
> --
> Barry deFreese
> Debian 3.0r1 "Woody"
> Registered Linux "Newbie" #302256 - Debian Developer Wannabe
>
> --
> "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving
> to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
> trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is
> winning." Rich Cook.

I'm hoping that between questions you ask and ideas you spark, maybe it
is just one or two outstanding epiphanies (not the new browser being
developed on gecko) that break the logjam on the Hurd and prove my fears
wrong about its current condition. I wonder if they do need outside eyes
and some fresh curiosity to inspire the next big step.
ML Kahnt New Markets Consulting
Tel: (613) 531-8684 / (613) 539-0935
Email: kahnt@hosehead.dyndns.org