Re: If it works, why change? (was RE: Anyone using the CAD packages?)

On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 02:07:49PM +0100, Hugh Saunders wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2003 at 06:15:54AM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > Hey, WP6.0a for DOS was a *great* word processor.
> yeah, it started quicker on 25MHZ box than word XP doesn on 1GHZ.
> and it had reveal codes :)
> and it wasnt wysiwyg til you rendered a preview :)
>
> </reminise>

*Great* word processors? Gotta be WORDWISE on the BBC Micro. That was
in ROM, so it used to start instantly... Then along came WORDWISE
Plus, which had a scripting language that was actually easy and quick
to do useful stuff in. I've never actually *enjoyed* using any other
word processor as much.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons