From: Aryan Ameri [mailto:a.ameri@linuxiran.org]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 11:11 AM
To: Debian-User (E-mail)
Subject: Re: Anyone using the CAD packages?

On Tuesday 20 May 2003 18:25, Wathen, Metherion wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am wondering if there is anyone on the list here
> using QCAD or CYCAS for architectural drafitng
> purposes.
> If so could you reply with your preferences, pointers
> etc. please.

Now that we are here, let me ask this question. All of my friends in the
faculty of mechanical engineering, only work with Autodesk AutoCAD
2000. I have been told that more sophisticated CAD packages also exist,
which may also run on non Wintel platforms, like Sun workstations. But
I haven't found any. I would really love to know "Is AutoCAD the
optimum CAD software, or are there more advanced ones available?"

--
/* There is SCO owned IP all over the Linux kernel. SCO will hunt them. Free
software infidels are liars. We will kill them all, and roast their stomach

Aryan Ameri