-----Original Message-----
From: Harshwardhan Nagaonkar [mailto:harsh@ee.byu.edu]
Sent: 21 May 2003 23:53
To: Chris Short

Chris Short wrote:
> I just wanted a nice simple, stable Linux and plopped for Debian after the
> reviews I read.
>
> No fancy front end installing - that's cool.
>
> Problem is I have a VERY basic install - using CD disk 1.
>
> However when I try to install ANY extra packages with the standard
> base-config, I always get out of space message.
Could you please post the detailed message that you are getting and also
the command that you use to install the extra packages. Its definetly
very strange that you are running out of space even when you have 9 GB
of space. Also your mounting config, maybe you have 1GB main and 9GB
swap??? (just exploring possibilities...)

--
Harshwardhan Nagaonkar
Electrical Engineering Sysop

---