Re: Debian installation

Chris Short wrote:

I just wanted a nice simple, stable Linux and plopped for Debian after the
reviews I read.

No fancy front end installing - that's cool.

Problem is I have a VERY basic install - using CD disk 1.

However when I try to install ANY extra packages with the standard
base-config, I always get out of space message.

Any hints would be great.

I have partitioned the drive as
100mb for multiboot
9gig for main 1gig for swap

Thanks for any help

Chris.

Is this after the reboot?

Are you installing other things from the CD, or from the net?

How are you installing? tasksel? dselect? aptitude? apt-get? what?

Can you provide the exact error message?

--
Kent West (westk@acu.edu)