Re: Debian installation

Chris Short wrote:

Hmmm - well I use the tasksel installer to choose the packages, x in a few
(X windows system, desktop environment, mail server, web server, C++ and
Python)

Then finish, then skip the advanced version (dselect),
It then builds the package list.

3 upgraded, 517 news installed, 1 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 53.5MB.285MB of archives. Aftr unpacking 780MB will be used.
E: Sorry, you don’t have enough freespace in your /var/cache/apt/archives/
to holll the .debs.
Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to configure the packages
that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors or errors caused by
missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors above this message are
important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall again.

Basically that’s it - get a blue message box saying install failed, (Sorry
debians not perfect) hehhehe.  Retry, and when I retyr I get the same thing
Post the contents of /etc/fstab, or the results of "mount", as well as the results of "df -h".

Basically, although you think you have 9GB of space on "main" (which I assume you mean / (root)), the free space on your /var directory is smaller than 780MB.

--
Kent West (westk@acu.edu)