Re: Lightweight file viewer?

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 10:11:56PM -0400, Travis Crump wrote:
> stan wrote:
> >I need a lightweight file viewer for use on a dedicated machien that will
> >be used by users who have only ever used windoze. here is what I need.
> >
> >1. view only (no edits).
> >2. must be able to change fiel being viewd.
> >3. must be able to do simple searches.
> >
> >Sugestions?
> >

> less? mozilla?  any web browser? any editor with the files 644 and not
> owned by the user?  What exactly have you considered and found lacking?

I started out looking at web browsers, but they are way to heavy, and
powerful for what I want. The files need to be writable bu the user that's
runing the viewr, so I need something that has a view only mode like vi.
But it need sto be easy enough for a windoze user to use.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin