Re: Lightweight file viewer?

On Tue, 2003-05-20 at 21:58, stan wrote:
> On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 10:11:56PM -0400, Travis Crump wrote:
> > stan wrote:
> > >I need a lightweight file viewer for use on a dedicated machien that will
> > >be used by users who have only ever used windoze. here is what I need.
> > >
> > >1. view only (no edits).
> > >2. must be able to change fiel being viewd.
> > >3. must be able to do simple searches.
> > >
> > >Sugestions?
> > >

> > less? mozilla?  any web browser? any editor with the files 644 and not
> > owned by the user?  What exactly have you considered and found lacking?
>
> I started out looking at web browsers, but they are way to heavy, and
> powerful for what I want. The files need to be writable bu the user that's
> runing the viewr, so I need something that has a view only mode like vi.
> But it need sto be easy enough for a windoze user to use.

You say "view only" and "need to be writable bu the user that's
runing the view".  Those look to be contradictory goals.

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson |
| Regarding war zones: "There's nothing sacrosanct about a  |
| hotel with a bunch of journalists in it."                 |
|     Marine Lt. Gen. Bernard E. Trainor (Retired)          |