Re: vacation

Nori Heikkinen said on Tue, May 20, 2003 at 03:04:02AM -0400:
> word.  i fully intend to *not* auto-reply to mailing lists and such,
> and i'm guessing that procmail with vacation are properly
> setup/designed auto-responders ... i'd just need to configure it
> correctly.
>
> :0 c
> | /usr/bin/vacation nori
>
> wouldn't quite do it, eh?  would

Actually, vacation notices mailing lists, and won't respond to them
automatically.  At least, I've never had it spam a mailing list.

> that doesn't seem to do it, though ... i've got a valid email with
> headers as my .vacation.msg, and the invocation is as you see above.
> i get nothing back from my test account.  any ideas?

Read the vacation manpage.  You need to run vacation -i before you use it in
order to initialize it's BerkeleyDB files.  It also won't reply everytime; see
the -r option for how to set the interval between autoreponses.