Re: 3questions: IPv6, HURD, stranded upgrade

On Saturday 17 May 2003 20:13, Joey Hess wrote:
<snip> It would probably be
> simpler to reinstall, frankly. If you do choose to reinstall, you could
> always try a buzz -> woody direct upgrade first, just for kicks, and
> report back on how well it worked.

Just in case you have to/choose to re-install, here are some notes.  Just got
done putting Woody on a Gateway P5-133 with 16MB Ram.  It didn't do well with
the bf24 option during install.  It doesn't boot from CD.  Had fun playing
with booting DOS, running R:\install\boot.bat (that's the CD under DOS, had
problems, so I ran the "vanilla" loadlin line in boot.bat; goto
www.bootdisk.com for a DOS disk; see Debian install manual for more);
eventually brought over a custom 2.4.18 kernel and modules that I compiled on
another machine.  Up and running woody with 2.4.18 on that old geezer.
Next I'm going to try it on a no-name Pentium 75Mhz with 32MB.
--
Mike M.