Re: OpenAFS trouble

Christopher Swingley <cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu> writes:

> * David Z Maze <dmaze@debian.org> [2003-May-19 10:51 AKDT]:
>> > Here'w what happens on the client machine (enemy):
>> >
>> >     cswingle@enemy:~$ tokens
>> >
>> >     Tokens held by the Cache Manager:
>> >
>> >     User's (AFS ID 1112) tokens for afs@frontier.iarc.uaf.edu
>> >     --End of list--

>> you might try 'fs la /afs/frontier/user/cswingle' from the machine
>> that works, but it probalby won't say anything enlightening.
>
> Here's what it says from the machine that works:
>
>     $ fs la /afs/frontier/user/cswingle
>     Access list for /afs/frontier/user/cswingle is
>     Normal rights:
>       system:administrators rlidwka
>       cswingle rlidwka

Hmmmm.  What does 'pts exa cswingle' say?  'pts exa 1112'?  'pts mem
system:administrators'?  Does 'fs wscell' report the same cell on both
machines?

> There isn't any sort of host level key exchange going on is there?
> Do I need to tell the server machine about my hosts somewhere?

You only need to tell one machine that another exists if it's running
a server of some sort; clients don't need to be registered with the
AFS server(s).

	-- Abra Mitchell