RE: My first question on Debian

<snip>

> sarge is the (not-so-much bleeding edge) testing tree,
> woody is the current stable release
> potato is the *old* stable release
> hurd is using the Hurd kernel and not Linux
>
> HTH
> --
>
> Matthias Hentges
> Cologne / Germany
>
> [www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
> ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's
>
> My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice

Please forgive me for hijacking this thread but I have seen this in three
different e-mails now.  You are correct, the Hurd is not Linux, however, the
Hurd does not run the Hurd kernel, there is no such thing.  Hurd is a set of
servers running on top of either the Mach kernel or the L4 kernel.

Just an FYI...

Barry deFreese
Technology Services Manager
Nike Team Sports
(949)-616-4005
Barry.deFreese@nike.com

"Technology doesn't make you less stupid; it just makes you stupid faster."
Jerry Gregoire - Former CIO at Dell