Re: xfree86 4.1.0-16 - X: user not authorized to run the X server, aborting

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 12:43:48AM +0200, Markus Enskonatus wrote:
> Seneca wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 10:45:18AM +0200, Markus Enskonatus wrote:
> >> Running Xfree 4.1.0.-16 as roto wokrs fine, but every user who tries to
> run
> >> "startx" gets the folowing error-message:
> >>
> >> X: user not authorized to run the X server, aborting.
> >>
> >> I've already tried to run dpkg-reconfigure xserver-common, and allowed X
> >> access to anyone. It did not helped in any way. I've read the problem may
> >> occour when you're upgrading your xfree86? Have also tried to remove
> xfree86
> >> and the common package with --purge and reconfigured it. It also made no
> >> changes.
> >>
> >> Need some help to get this running.
>
> >Take a look at /etc/Xsession.options.  Regular users can use X if that
> >file has a line in that says "allow-user-xsession".
> >

> Thanks for your answer. In /etc there was no Xsession.options present. In
> /etc/X11 there was the file and the line "allow-user-xsession" was present.
> Still no chanche go get this working. Will try to copy another X11
> configuration from another host. Maybe there are some more idea's.
>
> Markus Enskonatus

I have a piece of paper next to me on which is written
"/etc/X11/Xwrapper.config: allowed_users = console". Try adding
allowed_users = console to /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config / editing the
existing allowed_users line.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons