Re: apache-ssl ? Im looking for apache mod_ssl

Hi Joel,
are you familiar with the bash shell file/command completion? it helps
find what you want. In this case try this:
% apt-get install apache
NOW DONT HIT THE ENTER KEY YET
but instead press the TAB key 2 times in a row fast. You should see
'apache-ssl'
now if you do the same thing with 'libapache' it will show
'libapache-mod-ssl'
here is some info from 'feta info <PKG>' (apt-get install feta)

Package: libapache-mod-ssl
 This Apache module provides strong cryptography for the Apache 1.3
webserver
 via the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL v2/v3) and Transport Layer Security
(TLS
 v1) protocols.
 .
   o  Additional boolean-expression based access control facility
   o  Backward compatibility to other Apache SSL solutions
   o  Inter-process SSL session cache
   o  Powerful dedicated SSL engine logging facility
   o  Simple and robust application to Apache source trees
   o  Fully integrated into the Apache 1.3 configuration mechanism
   o  Additional integration into the Apache Autoconf-style Interface
(APACI)
   o  Assistance in X.509 v3 certificate generation

Package: apache-ssl
 The most popular server in the world, Apache features a modular
 design and supports dynamic selection of extension modules at runtime.
 Some of its strong points are its range of possible customization,
 dynamic adjustment of the number of server processes, and a whole
 range of available modules including many authentication mechanisms,
 server-parsed HTML, server-side includes, access control, CERN httpd
 metafiles emulation, proxy caching, etc.  Apache also supports
multiple
 virtual homing.
 .
 Separate Debian packages are available for PHP3, mod_perl, Java
 Servlet support, Apache, and other common extensions.  More
 information is available at http://www.apache.org/.
Cheers,
Kev

--