Re: email pop & spam

On Sun, 2003-05-18 at 01:25, Josh wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-05-17 at 23:24, Alvin Oga wrote:
> yeah that's what i'm using for my mail server ;
> however the pop accounts i have are just like hotmail etc ... so i don't
> have access to the mail server ; i was thinking of something to retrieve
> them, kill the spams and get the good ones in my mailbox.
> yet i have to download mails (spams + real mail) then to delete manually
> the spam ones...

gotmail retrieves email from hotmail accounts similar to fetchmail. You
can get gotmail to deliver the messages to procmail / spamassassin.

There is a similar one for yahoo - just search the packages

HTH,

Shri

Shri Shrikumar       U R Byte Solutions           Tel:   0845 644 4745
I.T. Consultant	     Edinburgh, Scotland          Mob:   0773 980 3499
                     Web: www.urbyte.com          Email: shri@urbyte.com