gtk-2 and keymaps

Hi,

I have noticed a little peculiarity when using gaim (gtk2 selfcompiled
version). On pressing the'.' on my numpad (the one which is also a
delete key) I get a ',' (comma). This doesn't happen in any other
programs (i.e. a terminal, sylpheed,...) Is this a problem with
gtk2(since sylpheed is gtk I presume) or with my keyboard settings in a
way? Or is it just gaim's fault? Any thoughts, hints, help very much
appreciated. My keyboard layout is be2-latin1...

mvg,
Wim

--
Only two things are infinite: human stupidity and the universe, and I'm
not sure about the latter. -- Albert Einstein