Re: Centralized mail repository

On Sat, 17 May 2003, Nicos Gollan wrote:
> I'm looking for a way to have my mail on a central server, possibly an IMAP
> server so that I can access it from multiple machines without having to
> manually shuffle the data between them. I had a short look at cyrus21, but I
> didn't find something I'm looking for.
>
> What I need is some kind of "aggregating proxy" that (on demand, e.g. when I
> access my mailbox on the IMAP server) fetches mails from several accounts,
> filters them and makes them accessible from any remote machine. Filtering
> should include putting the ma88ils in different subdirectories on the server
> so that I don't have to search my private mails between the overhead of this
> maillist ;-)
>
> Is there anything in debian that allows me to do this?

cyrus21-imapd or courrier as the spool, postfix or exim as the MTA,
and fetchmail to get the mail from the other accounts.

Filtering can be done using sieve (cyrus), the exim filters, or procmail
or any other mail filtering strategy you can configure the mta to run.

You tell fetchmail to run every 5 minutes or so, and you're done.

  Henrique Holschuh