Mplayer vs Ogle

On Thursday 15 May 2003 12:21, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 08:07:14AM -0700, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> > My second question, for a friend with a laptop, seriously considering
> > moving from xp to debain, will mplayer play DVD's? If not, what
> > application(s) should I look for?
>
> ogle will.

Well, I have woody on my laptop and ogle didn't even started, complaining it
could not find its configuration file (actually there wasn't, I guess there
is something wrong in the woody package?). With DVD it is also important the
linux video chipset driver. Eventually I compiled Mplayer and it Worked For
Me: I can watch DVDs full screen on my ATI Rage. I would recommend Mplayer
especially now that there are debian binary packages floating around.
--
saluti,  Mauro

On this machine no Windows system survives and LINUX POWER reigns UNLIMITED.