Re: dual booting

On Thu, 15 May 2003, David Jardine wrote:

> Is this really true or just a self-perpetuating myth?
> I'm not much good at getting anything to work at all on
> my Debian/Windows machine, but - at least with slink and
> potato - I had no trouble booting with hda1=swap, hda2=
> Debian and hda3=Windows.  Perhaps because it's a small
> hard disk (1,2 GByte)?

Well, I think its true. So you must have partitioned the machine to have
partitions as you describe and then installed Windows and it went to the
FAT partition (/dev/hda3)? I know I've had all kinds of trouble installing
dual-boot machines if I installed Windows first, but I wouldn't call
myself an authority on it as I never really tried to figure out why it
didn't work. It is bothersome in that you (as far as I know) can't tell
Windows what partition to install itself on and have any control over the
matter. Anyway, I certainly won't argue with your experience.