Re: howto get and install "testing" release

On Friday 16 May 2003 06:06, Hamid wrote:
> Is there a better (and more comprehensive) manual for apt-get out
> there ? (of course not the one on the Debian site
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/index.en.html#contents)

Well, the manual is really clear. But here are my tips:

First of all, it is not really a col time to make the transition to
testing/sarge. Because it is not that different from woody/stable, and
security patches aren't currently applied to it. So, my advice is to
stay with woody, or to move to sid. Of course, they are those who don't
agree with me.

First, set up /etc/apt/sources.list using apt-setup, you might also use
apt-spy. But both of these AFAIK set up sources.list according to the
stable release. After using these tools, edit the sources.list file
with your favorite text editor, and change all references to stable to
testing. Save the file, and issue apt-get update and after that apt-get
dist-upgrade. You wil end up with sarge.

Cheers

--
/* There is SCO owned IP all over the Linux kernel. SCO will hunt them.
Free software infidels are liars. We will kill them all, and roast their

Aryan Ameri