Re: Shared libs (Was: Making Debian Packages from tar ball files)

moseley writes:

> Now, here's the part that worries me:
>
>   $ ldd usr/bin/swish-e | grep libsw
>         libswish-e.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libswish-e.so.2 (0x400fc000)
>
> That's pointing to an existing version of the library.  I'm using autotools
> (including Libtool) to build the package.  What do I need to do in the rules
> file to force a run-time linking to /usr/lib/libswish-e.so?

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib

???

If you're not familiar with LD_LIBRARY_PATH, see ld.so(8). Also, one
can pass environment variables into the command on the same command
line, such as:

  DISPLAY= emacs

and one doesn't need to do the "export DISPLAY" beforehand:

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot

*but* as to that solving your particular dilemma, I'm not sure.

Elizabeth