Shared libs (Was: Making Debian Packages from tar ball files)

To follow up on my last post.

I'm building a package that builds a library AND a binary that is linked
to that library.

Now, I've been building this package from source and installing it in
/usr/local, so the library is installed in /usr/local/lib.

Now, I'm building a .deb from this package.  I built the package as:

   fakeroot debian/rules binary

Now, after building I inspect the build directory below "debian" directory.
The package is "swish-e".

  $ swish-e-2.3.6/debian/swish-e$ ls usr
  bin  include  lib  share

  $ ls usr/lib
  libswish-e.a   libswish-e.so    libswish-e.so.2.0.0
  libswish-e.la  libswish-e.so.2  swish-e

  $ ls usr/bin
  swish-e

Now, here's the part that worries me:

  $ ldd usr/bin/swish-e | grep libsw
        libswish-e.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libswish-e.so.2 (0x400fc000)

That's pointing to an existing version of the library.  I'm using autotools
(including Libtool) to build the package.  What do I need to do in the rules
file to force a run-time linking to /usr/lib/libswish-e.so?

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org