Re: SCO targets Linux customers

On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 12:59:02AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2003 at 08:26:40AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
[restored missing attribution]
> > On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 09:48:29PM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:
> > > My whole opinion over this: SCO is really Caldera after Caldera bought
> > > what used to be SCO.  The only people that would be working on the
> > > Linux kernel while having access to SCO code would be SCalderO
> > > programmers.
> >
> > SCO own System V, i.e. UNIX.
>
> I'm fully aware of that.  I'm also aware that what we know today as
> SCO is really Caldera.

No, one half of what we know today as SCO is really Caldera. The other
half is the Unixware lot, i.e. System V, who are still very much alive
and kicking and, I suspect, just won an internal battle.

> Which is why I said the only people that would have access to SCO's
> code and be working on the Linux kernel would be
> SCO/Caldera/SCO/Whatever-the-heck-they're-called-this-week employees.

That's incorrect. SCO's claims are that code from UNIX made it into
Linux via companies such as IBM who had licensed it (not that I credit
their claims, but that's by the by). By suggesting that only SCO has
access to SCO-owned code you're missing the point.