Re: make-kpkg

On Thu, 15 May 2003 20:35:05 -0400
Mike M <linux-support@earthlink.net> wrote:

> I tried using make-kpkg kernel_image and module_image.  Afterwards I found
> no /lib/modules/2.4.18/modules.dep and I found no initrd image.  The
> kernel would not bootup.  I got the source from the 2.4.18 kernel source
> package -
The correct target for modules is "modules_image" (note the "s"); you don't
need it unless you have sources in /usr/src/modules.

Now that you have a working kernel, you will probably want to save its
.config with a descriptive name.

Perhaps you could try make-kpkg with that configuration. All I can say about
the newbiedoc is that if you follow exactly the instructions there you will
be able to get a working kernel image.

Kevin