locales, euro and keyboard in X

Hello,

i previously had a working config for X and the console
that allowed me to properly use nl_BE@euro and add the
euro symbol to the console and X. I use a belgian keyboard
and normally pick the pc104 model in X but i counted the keys
tonight (didn't say at the back of the keyboard how many
keys where on it) and i counted 109. Weird.

Anyway, i run sid and after an update tonight, i only
had euro support at the console not X. When i test in X, i
do 2 tests: one in xterm and one in abiword of course
appear i do Alt-E. This used to work in most programs.

Seems that the way to solve the problem was to change
the "XkbLayout" line to "be" instead of nl_BE@euro

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"keyboard"
	Option		"CoreKeyboard"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xfree86"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"pc105"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"be"
EndSection

I can now also use a euro symbol in xterm and abiword
but i don't know why. And it doesn't work in evolution even
when changing the character encoding to ISO-8859-15.

A while back i installed the transcoded fonts to enable euro support.
I checked the debian-euro-support documentation and they
said that after you do a locale-gen, the appropriate locales
should be installed in /usr/lib/locale
However, i don't see anything here.
I do have a /usr/share/i18n/locales/nl_BE@euro file:

comment_char %
escape_char  /
%
% Dutch Language Locale for Belgium with Euro
% Language: nl
% Territory: BE
% Option: euro