Re: sid upgrade today & now nothing works

 --- Kenneth Dombrowski <kenneth@ylayali.net> escribió: >
<SNIP>

> I did a 'startx' again and was just beginning a message in mutt when the
> xserver froze. It didn't crash this time, but froze pretty hard.
> Alt-Ctrl-Fn, Ctrl-Alt-Del, etc all did nothing and the Caps Lock &
> Scroll Lock lights were just blinking at me (this is a vaio pcg-fx370k),
> after a couple of minutes I tried the power button and that did work.

<SNIP>

> Be Aware, Sid-users!
> Kenneth

I periodically have this problem (about 2-3 times per day), though only when
mozilla is open.  There is not noticable pattern (time interval/trigger
actions/other), but I need xfree86 4.2 (from testing) to be able to run
OpenOffice.org without it locking my graphics (which is what it used to with
4.1, plus 4.3 only gives me a black screen after bootup).  I just look at it as
part of the cost of doing business.  Other than this one minor issue, I am
totally impressed at how stable the "unstable" branch is.  If other production
operating systems from the northwest US were this stable it would be a real
breakthrough.

-Roberto Sanchez

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS
http://messenger.yahoo.es