Re: multimedia keyboard

LeVA <leva@ecentrum.hu> writes:
> Thank you for answering.
> I found the 'xev' program and run it. Unfortunately, when I pressed the
> "extra" buttons, it didn't recognized anything. When I pushed the
> regular buttons (enter, tab, space), it wrote a lot of information. What
>
> should I do?
>
> Some information (in case if You need them):
>
> Logitech Internet Navigator, USB.
> I have 2.4.21-rc2 kernel.
> I'm using the 'uhci.o' and 'hid.o' module, and I have compiled in the
> 'Input core support --> Input core support'
> '                   --> Keyboard support'

Unfortunately you've just stepped beyond my limited realm of
knowledge. Maybe someone else can help. Here's the uneducated and
inexperienced things I'd try:

You can see if Linux knows anything about the keys by dropping to a
console and using "showkey". Be aware that you can't exit "showkey"
once you start it. It exits by itself if you don't press a key for 5
seconds or so. If Linux doesn't know anything about the keys then
you're likely out of luck unless you can find a driver/definition file
specifically for your keyboard. Again, that's just a guess, because I
actually know NOTHING about how a keyboard is defined under Linux.

If showkey does give you a scan code for those keys you'll have to
find out how X gets this information. Again, WAY beyond my meager
knowledge.

Sorry! Good Luck.
Gary