Re: Acroread

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 03:19:57PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 14:34, Carl Fink wrote:
> > kghostview requires me to use KDE, which I dislike a lot.  xpdf is
> > clumsy to use in the extreme, and often fails to display fonts other
> > than Helvetica and Times.  GhostView itself is only slightly less
> > clumsy than xpdf.
>
> Only the libraries are needed.  You can still use your favorite wm.

Pardon my clumsy phrasing.  Loading any KDE program involved loading
the libraries, as you say, which in turn means I start swapping.  (I
already have the GTK libraries loaded because Mozilla is usually
open.)  I try to avoid swapping.
--
Carl Fink               carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum