Re: Acroread

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:10:47AM -0700, Paul Johnson wrote:

> As has been announced on the RC bug announcements for the last 60+
> weeks, it's built against zlib which apparently violates policy.

I know this isn't the policy list, but why?  The LZ compression patent has
expired.

> xpdf, kghostview, and many others can read PDF documents as well or
> (usually) way better than acroread.

Unless the PDF is compressed, apparently, if they don't use zlib.

  Use those instead, you'll wonder
> why you lamented acroread's disappearance.

Except for Acrobat Reader's far better user interface, and ability to
display PDF's that the others cannot.
--
Carl Fink             carl@fink.to
Jabootu's Minister of Proofreading