RE: Linux vs Windows

Personally, I feel the point is mute.

Linux has proved itself and continues to do so everyday. Even to the point
that MS is agreed to 'open' the source code for XP -- in taiwan, with a very
restrictive, signed license agreement.

I used to try to justify my preference for Linux in all kinds of ways,
hype, facts, religious devotion, etc.; I use Linux because I want to use
something other than MS products. Most of the people who use Windows don't
even realize there ARE other operating systems out there, that's the real
tragedy. If someone thinks Unix/Linux sucks, too bad for them.

FWIW,
mw.