Re: Big problems w/ writing any type of cdrom

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 01:19:47AM -0700, Joris Huizer wrote:

> I now tried the following:
>
> cdrecord -v -eject -force -dummy speed=1 dev=0,1,0
> cd_image
>
> Even using speed=1, the minimum fifo is 81% and the
> debian cdrom can't be used for tasksel (it repeats the
> same errors endless)

Either you have a very, very slow computer, or something wrong with your
IDE bus.  (I'm assuming your drive is not SCSI.)

Have you tried mounting the image file using

	mount -t iso9660 -o ro,loop=/dev/loop0 cd_image /cdrom

(as root)?

If you can mount the image (or the disk), try

	diff -r /cdrom sourcedir

where "sourcedir" is the directory you build your CD image from.

I haven't noticed you posting whether you're using CD-R or CD-RW.  If
they're rewriteable disks, try adding -immed to the command.

> Is there some trick or something to make it work ?
> Like, my dad says the windows software for the
> cdburner knows the thing isn't exactly working
> correctly and writes the cd a couple of times to avoid
> the problem - is this possible with cdrecord ?

Not possible at all, if the disk is CD-R.
--
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net
Manager, Dueling Modems Computer Forum