Re: Software...!!!

Hi Sherwin

On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 09:53  am, Sherwin Kamperveen wrote:
If installed the ssh server but when I type the commando's:
something like:
I get the following message back:
Couldn't find package something
What must I do to install that package..!

I've not used SSH and so not the best person to ask but look at "man ssh" - the example I gave was for the telnet server. So if you type telnet ....etc. - it is looking for a telnet server.

HTH

Regards

Clive

From: Clive Menzies <clive@clivemenzies.co.uk>
On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 09:08  am, Sherwin Kamperveen wrote:
Is there a software that I can login from another pc to the Debian workstation. If there is one, can you please tell me which software that is and where I can donwload it.

You need a terminal/console to be able to enter commands as in a DOS prompt (Wintel) or similar on Macs. MacOSX provides one.

On the Linux workstation you need to install telnetd or the ssh server and then type something like:

"telnet 192.168.1.38" (IP address address of your Linux box at the prompt - then login to Linux in the normal way (Username and Password)
Clive Menzies & Associates Limited
strategies for business
http://www.clivemenzies.co.uk
75 Priory Road, London N8 8LR