Re: Problem Installing Package...!!!

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 12:25:15PM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 11:25:37AM +0200, Sherwin Kamperveen wrote:
> > I'm having some problems with the next package.
> > When I'm typying the next commando:
> > apt-get install python-omniorb
> > The Debian Workstation give's me the next commando:
> > Couldn't find package python-omniorb
> >
> > How can I fix this problem and could you send me the commando's that I have
> > to use to solve this problem.
>
> Please check your spelling. I keyed in exactly this and it works, :-)

Of course, your sources.list _should_ contain the appropriate sources.
If you're on the internet, you could have this in
/etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main
deb ftp://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/ stable main

assuming you're running stable (woody) and want to fetch packages from
the dutch sites. If you changed anything, run apt-get update, that will
fetch all package indexes. Then try again to apt-get install
python-omniorb.

HTH, David