Re: spamassassin server load

On Wed, 14 May 2003, David Fokkema wrote:

> Hi group,
>
> The system administrator at my university is somewhat unwilling to
> install spamassassin due to the server load. My thought is that the
> server load will not be too high if one uses spamc/spamd with a
> threshold message size set appropriately. Is this correct?

You are correct that using spamd will help. Wild fluctuations in load
can be avoided by tuning the -m param, with the potential cost of
delaying mail delivery. Depends on your load and system resources.

One concern they may have is resident memory usage - SA tends to sit in
memory with 16-20M, all the time, in this setup. Memory is cheap now,
but not knowing your circumstance, I can't comment there.

-j

--
Jamie Lawrence                                        jal@jal.org
"If I were Jimmy Carter, I wouldn't let Elizabeth Taylor anywhere