Re: spamassassin server load

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 02:54:37PM +0200, David Fokkema wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> The system administrator at my university is somewhat unwilling to
> install spamassassin due to the server load. My thought is that the
> server load will not be too high if one uses spamc/spamd with a
> threshold message size set appropriately. Is this correct?

Thanks for all the replies. Gathered that system load should decrease,
but still can be high in some cases. Anyway, the administrator knows
someone who runs spamassassin someplace (his home?) and complains about
the load. As I'm only a 'regular user' I don't think he takes my point
seriously, :-( Maybe he does, but our server might be just too old.

David